Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions

I don't know who invented New Years Resolutions, but I think it was a conspiracy. Perhaps it was a foreign power trying to keep us preoccupied during an invasion. Perhaps it was the predecessor of the computer hacker planting a virus in our society. Whoever it was, I don't appreciate it. How many people actually keep their resolutions past April? How many people make the same resolutions over and over each year hoping to actually make a change this year? How many people feel badly about themselvesfor not keeping them? I am not a fan of New Years Resolutions. If there were a facebook page I would dislike it. I have actually made one Resolutions I've kept: Eat more Chocolate. Mostly I find Resolutions to be a plague I should avoid, an exercise in futility, and a useless way to waste time planning. I have found one and only one way to overcome this monumental conspiracy. I gave it up for Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment