Sunday, January 9, 2011

Trusting God

This past week has been a tough one. A friend of mine died this week and it has been difficult for most of the town. When she died we realized she had far more affect on our lives than we had ever realized. I can't pretend to understand why things happen. I don't believe that God causes bad things to happen, but I do believe He can bring good out of the bad. We have seen differences healed and people brought together more than ever before. I hope to see much more good come out of this tragedy. Though there are many things I do not understand, I do know I can trust in God. Habakkuk 3 :17 - 19 tells me this:
Though the fig tree does not bud and there be no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment