Saturday, January 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home

The earth's surface is roughly 2 billion square miles. 94 billion square miles are land. The rest is water. The square mileage of the USA is about 3,794,000. How much of it have I seen? How much will I never see? I have visited parts of Alaska, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tenessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio, and Guatemala. There is so much I have not seen. 100 years ago most people would not have seen that much. The world was huge and their world was so small. Some people traveled or explored. Armies conquered far lands, but many people never went to the next town. I am curious about far away places. I wonder how people live and how they look at life. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the historic places of Israel, Turkey, and Greece. I wouldn't mind visiting Eurpeon sites my ancestors came from. I would like to know more about Mexico and Canada. There are some beautiful places in Thailand and other eastern countries. Australia sounds interesting. It would be nice visiting friends in Kenya. But mostly I just like being at home. I am curious about other places, but not enough to actually get up and go there. I like my corner of the world just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment