Saturday, December 18, 2010

Simple Holidays

Holidays are nice. I like holidays. I get a break from work and I get to do something different. But I would like a holiday dedicated to nothing at all. I would like a holiday that doesn't involve work. Spring Break is nice. We often cram too much into Spring Break and end up not rested. But it doesn't require the buying of presents, preparing of special foods, decorating anything, or in any way thinking of anyone else. So many other holidays involve feasts, family gatherings, special preparations, parades, and even gifts. I think Christmas is the worst. Trees, decorations, lights, parades, feasts, gift giving, and huge family gatherings. Why Christmas Trees? Why not just a simple manger scene? Why all the lights and reindeer and Santas? (Maybe we could keep a few lights) We could have a special meal with just a few simple church services. No pressure to get the perfect item or have the perfect decorations or set the perfect table. Just a holiday would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment