Thursday, July 12, 2012

Don't Worry, I Have a Plan

I think I've spent my whole life making plans.  As a child I might have planned to play with a friend down the street or to ride my bicycle.  In school I planned to get a project done or study for a test.  In High School I planned to go out with friends and began planning what I would do for the rest of my life.  In college I continued planning to study, to see friends, to work, and to work toward what I wanted to be.  Now I plan how my classroom will be set up, how I save for retirement, what my money will be spent on, where I want to go and how I want to spend my summer.  I plan how to celebrate events and I plan how to balance the work I take home with the work already at home.  I make so many plans.  And then as it always has, life happens.  The child down the street got called in for some chore or a rain storm came up.  I didn't have the materials needed for the project or I was called on to do something else and my plans got pushed back.  I begin preparing for a career only to find I don't really like that career and I need to choose another.  I want to celebrate, but all my friends are busy and we need to put it off awhile.  I save to buy a car or a piece of furniture only to have to spend the money to repair the a/c.  I plan to travel on Tuesday, but a rain storm and sudden flooding push my plans back a day or two.  I plan a trip with family only to have the family decide not to go.  I plan to be rested over the summer to be ready and fresh to start work in the fall.  But responsibility gets in the way and I have work to do.  So how will I be ready to begin school in August? Don't worry! I have a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment