Monday, August 9, 2010

Wow

Wow it's hot. I think it seems hotter because I just returned from a vacation in a slightly cooler place in the mountains. When it gets to the hot part of summer it feels so good to get away to a cooler place, but then so much hotter to return. A few years ago I went to Alaska for a couple of weeks in July. I had to wear a jacket most of the time . We took a couple of boat rides and on those I had to wear a rain jacket over another jacket. Even then I was still cold. I don't remember the high temps when I returned home. I just remember it felt like 120 degrees even though it was probably only in the 90's. When I take kids on youth mission trips in the summer I have to work in the yard a lot to get used to the heat before I go. When I was a kid someone would always say something about frying an egg on the sidewalk. I don't know why you would want to fry an egg on the sidewalk. But I suppose you could. All I can say is, "It's hot."

No comments:

Post a Comment